The Real Estate Process
Copy to describe the real estate process questions go here.
Step 1: Decision to sell
- When is the best time of year to sell a house?
- When is the best day of the week to sell a house?
- Should I rent or should I sell my house?
Step 2: Pricing of the property
- What steps can I take to determine how much my house is worth?
- Should I try to get the highest price possible?
- Should I try to get multiple offers when selling my home?
- How can I research the competition when it comes to selling my house?
Step 3: Preparation of the property
- How much efffor and cash should I put in to selling my house?
- Should I remodel the home first, then sell it later to get more money? (No-- you often can't get more money back than you spend on remodelling today). https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB108689245285133953)
Step 4: Listing of property (AKA marketing)
- Outside of listing my hom in the MLS, what else can my agent do to get me a better price?
- Will a 3D tour or drone videos help me get a higher price of my house?
- Do postcards or flyers help me get a better price for my house?
- Do ads in the newspaper help me get a high price for my house?
- Do any inducements help me get a higher price, like throwing in a free car?
- Do good photos help me get a higher price for my house?
- Do open houses help me get a better price or sell my home?
Step 5: Negotiation and offers
- How do you get more leverage in negotiation when selling your house?
- Should I try to get multiple offers?
- No one has made an offer on my house, what should I do?
- My agent told me they could sell the house, but it has not sold. What should I do?
- Should I set an offer review date?
- How do you tell which offer is the best one?
- My buyer's found issues in the home inspection, how do I handle that?
- What happens if my buyer's walks away from the deal?
- What happens if the sellers walks away from a deal? (ask rodger).
Step 6: Escrow for sellers
- How can my home sale go south during escrow?
- other interesating angles to add in here?
- What do I need to close my home sales as a seller?
- How long does it take for escrow to close?